Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year’s Eve

Today Sean, his brother, and friend went skiing up at Baker for the day.  Since we were planning on having a few friends over, I knew that if I went skiing, there is NO way I would have made it till midnight.  SO I opted out of this ski trip, and it sounds like a good thing I did because according to Sean, there was TONS of powder. (Yuck!) 
SO instead I spent the day baking, cleaning up a bit, and trying to wear out Apollo so he would behave when our company arrived. 
2011-12-31 005
45 minutes later and still not tired...
This year instead of going out or doing something big we decided to spend it with family and a few close friends who were also up for a low key evening.  I made my first batch of jello shots. (Lychee Martini and Butter beer jello shots (Harry Potter, what what!)  Here are the recipes.  They were SUPER good and really easy to make! Seriously, this is an awesome website!
http://jelly-shot-test-kitchen.blogspot.com/p/recipes.html
We spent the evening playing games and hanging out.  Since our xbox was off being repaired someplace like Indiana, we weren’t even able to watch the ball drop.  Oh well, maybe next year!
Unfortunately I didn’t take may pictures.  Here are the few that I did take.
2012-01-01 005
The cousins had a sleep over
2012-01-01 007
Sean asleep just after midnight.  Don't
worry, Amanda and I stayed up until 4am
to finish our game of dominoes!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

1 comment:

  1. Correction...I was not asleep "just after midnight". It was 3am when i finally gave up on dominoes and that is after a full day of skiing.

    ReplyDelete