| Study Buddy |
Thursday, August 18, 2011
ACLS
My new position is at a local outpatient surgery center. Instead of commuting to Everett, I now have a 5-7 minute drive to work. It’s great! In addition to all that there is to learn about surgical nursing I also am required to be ACLS certified (Advanced Cardiac Life Support). I had heard HORROR stories about the ACLS classes (usually two 6 hour classes, taught by paramedics) where half of the class would fail, Doctors included. I picked up my books a few weeks in advance and spent quite a bit of time studying. I even was able to rope Apollo into keeping my company while I studied. After MANY hours of studying and freaking out about failing I passed the class and am officially ACLS certified for 2 years. YIPPEE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment