Thursday, September 16, 2010

Our Wedding

We were married Saturday, the 11th of September up at Roche Harbor. It was such an amazing wedding weekend! We could not have asked for anything more. We drove up Thursday morning, leaving the animals with our trusty house sitter (Thanks Aleah!). Thursday was then spent eating ice cream, unpacking, and exploring the resort. It was sunny and warm outside, the perfect start to our wedding weekend! Friday was slightly overcast but still nice. We explored the resort more and prepared for the big day. Our rehearsal went well and once over, we all headed to the welcome party for some great salads, barbecue, and smores. We were thrilled that so many people were able to attend the Friday night welcome party! We both really enjoyed being able to visit with our guests before the big day.

Finally, Saturday arrived! I could not believe my eyes when I looked outside and saw blue skies! For 10 days prior, the weathermen had been predicting anywhere from a 30-80% chance of rain. I had been religiously checking several sites several times a day. The second I saw the blue skies I knew it was going to be a great day. We spent the morning setting up the pavilion and getting ready for pictures. Because of the great planning by our photographers, we were able to take ALL of our pictures, including family formals, before the ceremony. 
The ceremony went perfectly. Our three flower girls and one ring bearer did a wonderful job walking down the aisle and standing still during the ceremony. 20 minutes is a long time for a 4 year old! After the ceremony things just flew by. Cocktail hour led to dinner which led to the toasts, cake cutting, first dances, garter tossing, bouquet tossing and more dancing. Next thing I knew the night was over, or so I thought. We returned to our suite to find that our mattress and box spring had been moved to the shower and our bed had been replaced with patio furniture. My wonderful husband reassembled the room for us, no thanks to me.

The next morning was also a blur, breakfast, un-decorating the pavilion, packing up and finally heading home. Thank you everyone for celebrating with us and making our wedding weekend so special! Pictures to come in a few weeks when our photographers have finished processing them. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment