I haven’t “blogged” anything yet and its mostly because I wasn’t sure what to write about. I really like the idea of having a blog because I have trouble remembering the small funny stories and events of my life. I think this blog will serve as a tool for me as much as a way to communicate with friends and family. So my initial plan is to write a blog entry or two a week about the fun things we have done.
I have learned in the three years of dating and ultimately in marrying Christy that I am rarely so right that she admits it. So I want to tell you about one such case and put it on the record so I can remember next time she says I am never right.
We were driving to Anacortes to leave the dogs with my mom for our honeymoon vacation and we had picked up McDonalds on the way because we were a bit short on time. Both of us were eating in the front seat of my truck and the dogs were getting a little nosey in the back seat. They could definitely smell the greasy food and they wanted some. Now I have always tried to be consistent and draw clear lines with the dogs. They know they don’t get away with much with me (at least I think so). But Christy’s boundaries are a little harder to define. We both agree we don’t want dogs that beg, expect human food, or worse, try to steal a bit from the un-expecting human. So to the point. Christy thinks the dogs are being so great that she should “reward” them with a French fry each. Obviously they love it, but I immediately sigh and tell her that Apollo is going to jump over and eat the next French fry from her mouth. She blows me off saying they understand that because they were good they get some food and that Apollo would never do that. Just a moment after those words come out of her mouth and a new French fry goes in, Apollo flys over the seat and into her lap in an attempt to recover the French fry from her mouth. Licking her face and lips. At this point she attempts to regain her space, push Apollo back into the back seat and clean her face of dog slobber. I enjoy a little chuckle and a quick “told you so” while she actually admits that maybe it was a bad idea. 1 point for me. :)
After dropping the dogs off Tuesday afternoon we headed out for our tropical adventure. A red eye flight to Atlanta and then a mid morning jaunt to Montego Bay. The ride was a bit bouncy so we didn’t get any service on the plane to Jamaica. Not a big deal except that it made for a long trip without substantial food or water. We landed got our luggage and then headed to immigration and customs. We went uneventfully thru customs (Christy was excited to finally get a stamp in her passport) and headed to the sandals booth to catch our shuttle to the resort. A few minutes and we were outside loading on a mini-bus for the 90 minute trip to Ocho Rios. It was pouring down rain, the hardest rain I have even seen. We had learned that Tropical storm Nicole was just North of Cuba and was causing huge amounts of rain and wind in Jamaica. 20 inches of rain had fallen in the past 48 hours and was causing widespread power outages, floods, and wash outs. Many travelers were unable to make it but we didn’t have any real problems.
Needless to say Jamaica didn’t start out how we expected. The weather has been pretty bad. We have seen less sun here in Jamaica then our friends and family back home. Although it has not gone as planned we have still been able to get out and do a few things. As you can see we came prepared.
More on the Jamaica adventures to come….
Sean, I'd put your points at -999,999,999 and counting! Ha ha!
ReplyDeleteIt is the 14th... Everyday life is becoming a bit of a stretch...
ReplyDelete