With the LARGE amount of rain we have been having lately I felt like making something warm and filling. I looked around for a good casserole recipe and came across Ina's Chicken Pot Pie recipe on the Food Network. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/chicken-pot-pie-recipe/index.html
Instead of making the pies in individual dishes (because I don't really have anything appropriate) I thought I would just make one large pie. AND I decided to cheat by purchasing pre-made, uncooked pie crust from the refrigerator section at the grocery store. For some reason baking the crust from scratch makes me a little nervous. I prepared the insides and went to assemble the pie when I realized that the recipe really needed to be made into two very large pies. Sean was a life saver and ran out to get another crust. So far we have been having pot pie for lunch and dinner daily and are ALMOST out of it. The recipe was incredibly easy and fun to make! I look forward to making it in the future and maybe next time I will actually make the crust from scratch. (Or maybe not)
Here are a few other pictures from this week...
| Apollo spent almost all day laying by the fire reading Harry Potter |
![]() |
| Herc's secret is out. He really does love cuddling... |



This chicken pot pie was amazing. I am sure it must be really bad for you but it tastes amazing. I can't wait for her to make it again.
ReplyDelete