Monday, October 3, 2011

Ferry Ride to Santorini

After talking with a few friends who had been to Greece before, I had grand plans for the Ferry Ride.  I had been told that you could lay out and tan on the ferry.  I also had borrowed several books from the library that I was planning on reading.   Within an hour my dreams had been crush.  Not only was no one laying out, I was sea sick.  I have never before been sea sick.  Let me tell you, it sucks!
Our ride was 8 hours (8!!!!) long.  I had never been so happy to see land as I was after that ride.  On Santorini, we were staying in Oia, which is a city at the opposite end of the island from the port. By the time we made it to our room, we had just enough time to take a million pictures, catch the sunset and have another delicious dinner!



2011-10-02 064
The corner we thought we were going to
have to sit in for the entire ride until
we discovered the decks outside!
  


2011-10-02 070
Sunrise
 

2011-10-02 073
 

2011-10-02 076
Beautiful!
 

2011-10-02 077
 

2011-10-02 081
 

2011-10-02 082
The high speed ferry that we were NOT on
 

2011-10-02 083
Our boat
 

2011-10-02 090
Goodbye Athens
 

2011-10-02 094
 

2011-10-02 097
 

2011-10-03 007
 

2011-10-03 019
Not feeling well
 

2011-10-03 022
Naxos
 

2011-10-03 028
 

2011-10-03 030
 

2011-10-03 032
 

2011-10-03 038
 

2011-10-03 044
Paros
 

2011-10-03 046
Feeling a little better
 

2011-10-03 070
Santorini!
 
2011-10-03 087


2011-10-03 089
View from our balcony
 

2011-10-03 093
 

2011-10-03 094
 

2011-10-03 098
 
2011-10-03 101


2011-10-03 102
 

2011-10-03 107
 

2011-10-03 108
 

2011-10-03 117
 

2011-10-03 119
 

2011-10-03 127
 

2011-10-03 137
I found a job while on Santorini!

2011-10-03 139
 

2011-10-03 141
One of the many churchs on Santorini
 

2011-10-03 144
 

2011-10-03 148
 

2011-10-03 150
 

2011-10-03 152
 

2011-10-03 156
 

2011-10-03 159
 

2011-10-03 165
 

2011-10-03 172
 

2011-10-03 177
 

2011-10-03 180
 

2011-10-03 181
 

2011-10-03 184
What a great combo! :)
 

2011-10-03 186
 

2011-10-03 188
Tzatziki
 

2011-10-03 189
 

2011-10-03 195
 

2011-10-03 198
 

2011-10-03 209
 

2011-10-03 217
 

2011-10-03 222
 

2011-10-03 224
Friends!  These dogs were always together!
 

2011-10-03 236
 

2011-10-03 253
 

2011-10-03 262
 

2011-10-03 263
 

No comments:

Post a Comment